With significant experience of working for the regulator and practical experience on nuclear new build, generation and decommissioning projects, CEA can provide a range of environmental services within the nuclear sector which include:
- Environmental compliance advice
- Environmental permitting applications/variations
- Development and management of monitoring programmes
- Best Available Technique or Best Practical Means Assessments
- Management of discharges and waste
- Independent Peer review
- Inspection and audit
- Management systems development and maintenance
As well as delivering discrete packages of work we also offer longer term support such as secondments and placements. Within the nuclear sector, CEA has carried out such roles within the independent assurance function of a nuclear new build operator supporting assurance activities and providing technical and project management support to a nuclear operator.
We appreciate the unique and complex challenges faced by the nuclear industry and we work with clients to ensure our work is in line with them achieving their overall longer-term goals.